American-Israeli Conductor Amir Shiff, was born in Israel, and started his musical training as a Violinist with Prof. Yair Kless as his main teacher. In Israel, Shiff performed for 3 years with "The Israeli Army String Quartet", first as its Violist, and later on as its first violinist. The Quartet, which was at the time one of the country best chamber Music groups, performed in hundreds of concerts
all over the country, on national TV, and in Radio broadcasts. Shiff continued his studies in the US with the legendary Dorothy Delay.
As Principal Violist of the Virginia Symphony Orchestra, the Virginia Opera Company, and later on as Principal Violist with the renowned "Philharmonia Hungarica" of Germany, Shiff performed as Soloist with those orchestras on numerous occasions.
Amir Shiff performed as soloist with orchestras in the USA, in South Korea at the Arts center of Seoul, in Daegu, at the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow with Vakhtang Jordania as conductor (premiering Jan Radzynski concerto for viola and orchestra which was dedicated to him), in Lithuania with the Vilnius Chamber Orchestra and the Festival Orchestra, in Kaunas, New Zealand, Italy, and on numerous occasions in Israel as soloist with the Jerusalem Radio Orchestra, different chamber orchestras, and on Israel tour with "Symphonietta Hungarica“.
Shiff gave as well numerous Master Classes in China, in the US, Italy and the Baltic States, and was a member of the Jury at the "William Primrose" International Viola Competition.
Amir Shiff started conducting worldwide in 2010, after his successful debut with the “Pacific Encore” Opera Company at the Axelrod Arts Center in New-Jersey, the United States. The concert included 17 Arias from the major repertoire, and due to the highly successful performance, his conducting activity took off, first with the Opera Company and soon-after internationally.
Shiff is in great demand in mainland China, conducting some of the better Orchestras there, including the Shenzhen Philharmonic. In 2011, Shiff was invited by the government of the Heilongjian District of China, to give a lecture about classical Music and its future .The entire speech was filmed and available for the general public in China, while parts of it were broadcasted on Nation TV.
In recent years, engagements included Symphony concerts in the USA, Israel, Romania and Bulgaria. His opera debut with the State Opera of Stara-Zagora, Bulgaria, in ”La Traviata" ,
which took place in July of 2015, was followed in the summer of 2016 with couple of productions of Puccini’s “Tosca”.
- Symphonie Concert in Kansas City, USA , International Music Center, 2011
- Symphonie concert, "Raanana Simphonette", Israel, 2013
- Opera debut with the State Opera of Stara-Zagora, Bulgaria, in La Traviata, 2015
- Russe Opera and Philharmonic Society, Bulgaria, Tosca, Puccini, 2016
- Stara Zagora State Opera , Tosca, 2016
- Symphony concerts with the Pazardjik Philharmonie, and with the Stara Zagora State Opera Symphonie Orchestra, 2017
- A production of Carmen, Bizet, with the State Opera Stara Zagora, 2018
- Symphony concerts in Bulgaria, 2018
- Rigoletto, Verdi, with the "National Opera and Ballet Oleg Danovski", Constanta, Romania 2019
- Burgas Philharmonic, Bulgaria 2019
- Concerts as Violist, Tel-Aviv, Israel 2019
Check out this great video
Check out this great video
Principal guest conductor.
Sign up to hear upcoming concerts, and events.